It would be the best course I have been on – and I have been on a few! I understand myself better than I ever have – what motivates me, what holds me back, and how my personality affects others.
The Leadership Edge HI Lab is a highly experiential learning experience that will challenge you to relook at how you lead – not how you should lead, based on some theoretical model – but in an authentic way that works best for you.
The workshop is based in part on a unique training design known as a Human Interaction Laboratory (HI Lab). Laboratories are places where investigation and change occur. You will have the opportunity to gain an increased awareness of your impact on others; understand how you have been limiting your own effectiveness; practice and get feedback on new leadership behaviours.
HI Labs are used by world-class universities such as Stanford and Case Western on their MBA and executive education programmes to teach ‘soft’ leadership skills. This workshop has been offered by Dr Ian Brooks on the University of Canterbury MBA Programme since 2007. It has proved so popular that he has run the workshop 80 times within, and outside, the university.
This is your chance to participate in 2017!
- Using the Enneagram to gain an in-depth understanding of the ingrained beliefs and assumptions that underpin your leadership
- HI Lab experience, which will provide you with extensive personal feedback on how you are perceived by others
- Cognitive strategies for seeing challenging back-at-work situations differently
- Change 101: using developmental coaching to create real and lasting personal behavioural change
Each course is limited to 6-8 people, all of whom will be in leadership roles and who want to develop their leadership maturity.
Benefits of Attending the Leadership Edge
- Develop your understanding of your behavioural style and how it is perceived by others
- Discover blind spots that may be hindering your effectiveness as a leader and colleague
- Learn powerful techniques for how to change your behaviour, once you know what it is you want to change
- Strengthen your capacity to work as a productive and cooperative member of a team
- Learn skills that can be applied immediately to challenges back at work
2017 Christchurch Dates
24/25/26 May; 2/3/4 August; 6/7/8 December
2017 Wellington Dates
$1,850 plus GST
Ian Brooks is an Adjunct Senior Fellow at the University of Canterbury, and a facilitator/coach in private practice. He has a Ph.D. in Organisational Behaviour, MBA(Hons, and an M.Ed (Dist) Counselling.
This is what the participants on a most recent 2017 course had to say about their experience:
- Life changing. I think this has changed the game for me.
- Really out-of-the-box way of learning. Best course to date!
- Mind-blowing course!
- Empowering. This work goes to some very deep levels.
- Well worth it – everyone in management should do it.
- The value and insights this course provides to all interactions is incredibly powerful.
- Fantastic. Highly recommended.
- I am going to be thinking about this course for a long time. It is probably the most useful/biggest learning experience I have ever done.
The Leadership Edge has an overall satisfaction rating of 4.91 out of 5.0, based on 111 paying customers since the beginning of 2016.